Glenn Stern Law

Search Result for:

Establishing Paternity for Your Child

When a child is born out of wedlock or even when a child’s paternity is in question in a marriage, a paternity test can help you know for certain whether you are the child’s father. You can formally acknowledge your paternity by filing that through the Department of Health. This is voluntary, but it provides you with protections and rights you otherwise do not hold without establishing or acknowledging paternity. In fact, a paternity test for this acknowledgment is not required. Acknowledgment of Paternity When a hospital, other entity or official accepts an acknowledgment of paternity, they must provide written… Read More

Follow us on